I worked in Financial Services for 34 years, carrying out a variety of roles, with a majority of time spent in a Bank Manager role, before deciding on a career change to be an Anxiety Therapist.
I have always been a voracious reader (my to be read pile just keeps getting bigger!) and I am delighted to have reignited a passion in myself for learning.
What can be more fascinating than reading and learning about the mind? How does the mind work and how can your thoughts trigger your emotions?
In October 2019 I finally plucked up the courage to start my own business. This has allowed me to turn my passion for helping others into a reality, and now I have the pleasure of speaking to , helping and supporting clients every day.
Charity Begins at Home
I also love to carry out voluntary work, supporting in the community. I regularly volunteer at Beatson Cancer Charity in Glasgow, as well as being a volunteer Samaritan in Ayrshire.
For someone who loves to read, and has always loved writing things, I found updating my website really difficult. I was trying to be too formal and make it perfect (what is perfect? A topic for my first Blog post maybe?) So instead I am just going to be me and I hope that comes across in my updates…..
How Can I Help You?
I work with clients mainly on a one to one basis. I can also arrange group sessions and deliver anxiety support sessions in the workplace.
I support people with a range of things including anxiety, stress and depression.
- Is your brain tired from constantly overthinking? Do you feel as if your mind is full of racing thoughts?
- Do you replay situations from the past in your mind and worry about what could happen in the future?
- Are you struggling with dark/suicidal thoughts?
- Would you like to feel free from something in your past which has been holding you back? Do you feel stuck?
- Do you feel as if you need to control the outcome of every situation?
- Does having a phobia stop you from living your life?
- Are you struggling to concentrate at school / university or worried about exams or bullying?
- Struggling with an addiction?
- Do you need support to help you achieve your goals and reach your potential?
If any of these statements resonate with you please contact me if you would like more details.
I’m passionate about helping and supporting people. I also find it very important to give people coping strategies to help them deal with situations in future.
I am passionate about being able to help others. I treat everyone with respect and I genuinely want to make a difference by helping and supporting you.
I will build up a trusting relationship with you and you will be able to speak freely in a safe environment. I will be guided by you and we will go at your pace, working out a way forward together.
I treat everyone as an individual so don’t offer a one package fits all service. On average it will be 4-6 sessions , but life is not a competition and we all have different issues in our past as well as different dreams and desires for the future so we will agree together how many sessions you will need.
Due to my passion for learning I regularly keep my knowledge up to date , constantly updating my skills as well as learning new ones. You can therefore be reassured that I follow a code of ethics and I’m a member of governing bodies, ensuring that my skills remain at the highest level possible.
If you would like to get in touch, please contact me.